The Similar Threads add-on will do the following:
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is creating a new thread
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is viewing a thread(Example of Similar Threads shown during thread creation)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
- Forum view permissions honored. If a member doesn't have permission to view certain forums, Similar Threads will exclude those forums.
- All phrases start with similarthreads_ for your convenience.
User Group Permissions:
- Download similarthreads_v5.1.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-SimilarThreads_v5.1.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Normally you will want to set "Allow" for the following two user groups:
Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Question and Answers:
Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.
Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to Revoke honored?
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.